Welcome to Indian Share Market
updated on 28 Aug 2017
The information provided on this website is for educational purpose and not to be considered as investing or trading advice.
The investment and trading has to be done on sole discretion and www.daytradingshares.com or any person related to this site Should not be held responsible for the outcome.
Copyright © 2007-2017, www.daytradingshares.com. All Rights Reserved.
Stocks which have washed your money for 2 years have given 200% returns in 2017
1) Shares of Jaiprakash Associates, which recently saw brisk buying by ace investor Rakesh Jhunjhunwala, surged 215 per cent this calendar year till August 6. The scrip tumbled 52 per cent and 32 per cent in 2015 and 2016, respectively. For the quarter ended June 30, 2017, the company reported a standalone profit of Rs 764.99 crore on higher income and lower expenses. It had reported a Rs 602.95 crore loss for the corresponding quarter last year.
2) Shares of Jaypee Infratech have surged 182 per cent so far this calendar. The company developed the 165 km long Yamuna Expressway along the Yamuna river connecting Noida and Agra, which was opened for public on August 9, 2012. The stock remained under pressure in 2014 and 2015, slipping 40 per cent and 42 per cent, respectively. The company’s standalone net loss widened to Rs 44.7 crore for the quarter ended June 30, 2017. It had reported a net loss of Rs 35.6 crore for the corresponding quarter of previous financial year.
3) Kamat Hotels is next on the list. Shares of the company have soared 113 per cent in 2017 after falling 32 per cent and 40 per cent in 2015 and 2016, respectively. Kamat Hotels is engaged in the hospitality and allied businesses.
4) Shares of real estate firm Unitech are also hogging limelight this year, having risen 106 per cent from Rs 4 on December 30, 2016 to Rs 8.25 on August 4, 2017. The scrip slipped 40 per cent and 60 per cent in 2016 and 2015, respectively. Unitech will announce its financial results on August 14.
5) Among others, shares of Jindal Steel and Power, 6) Tribhovandas Bhimji Zaveri and JP Power Ventures have risen between 80 per cent and 100 per cent this calendar year after having plunged between 25 per cent and 45 per cent, respectively, in 2015 and 2016. For the quarter ended June 30, 2017, Tribhovandas Bhimji Zaveri reported a net profit of Rs 5.83 crore against Rs 2.25 crore reported for the corresponding quarter last year.
7) Shares of Puravankara and 8) Speciality Restaurants have soared 78 per cent and 61 per cent year to date. In 2015, shares of both the companies slipped 26 per cent, while in 2016, they dipped 31 per cent and 48.40 per cent, respectively. Puravankara posted 115 per cent YoY rise in net profit at Rs 16.66 crore for June quarter over Rs 7.66 crore reported for Q1 of FY17.