Post Office Schemes
National Savings Certificate
2) National Savings Certificate
Please note - The following information is as per our records, for latest information please contact your nearest post office.
1) Minimum investment Rs. 500/- No maximum limit.
2) Rate of interest 8% compounded half yearly.
3) Rs. 1000/- grow to Rs. 1601/- in six years.
4) Two adults, Individuals, and minor through guardian can purchase.
5) Companies, Trusts, Societies and any other Institutions not eligible to purchase.
6) Non-resident Indian/HUF cannot purchase.
7) No pre-mature encashment.
8) Annual interest earned is deemed to be reinvested and qualifies for tax rebate for first 5 years under section 80C of Income Tax Act.
9) Maturity proceeds not drawn are eligible to Post Office Savings account interest for a maximum period of two years.
10) Facility of reinvestment on maturity.
11) Certificate can be pledged as security against a loan to banks/ Govt. Institutions.
12) Facility of encashment of certificates through banks.
13) Certificates are encashable any Post office in India before maturity by way of transfer to desired post office.
14) Certificates are transferable from one Post office to any Post office.
15) Certificates are transferable from one person to another person before maturity.
16) Duplicate Certificate can be issued for lost, stolen, destroyed, mutilated or defaced certificate.
17) Nomination facility available.
18) Facility of purchase/payment to the holder of Power of attorney.
19) Tax Saving instrument - Rebate admissible under section 80 C of Income Tax Act.
20) Interest income is taxable but no TDS (Tax deduction at source).
21) Deposits are exempt from Wealth tax.
Welcome to Indian Share Market
Serving Since 2007
Disclaimer: Information presented on this site is a guide only. It may not necessarily be correct and is not intended to be taken as financial advice nor has it been prepared with regard to the individual investment needs and objectives or financial situation of any particular person. Stock quotes are believed to be accurate and correctly dated, but www.daytradingshares.com does not warrant or guarantee their accuracy or date.
www.daytradingshares.com takes no responsibility for any investment decisions based on recommendations provided on website.
Financial contents like Technical charts, historical charts and quotes are taken from NSE and Yahoo sites.
Note - All quotes are delayed by 15 minutes and unless specified.
Google Adsense Ads are posted on every page of the website so visitors clicking on Ads and going to those links and carrying any financial deal is not at all related to www.daytradingshares.com and any financial deal should be done on their own sole responsibility.
Please read at www.daytradingshares.com/disclaimer.php before using any material or advice given at www.daytradingshares.com