Disclaimer: Information presented on this site is a guide only. It may not necessarily be correct and is not intended to be taken as financial advice nor has it been prepared with regard to the individual investment needs and objectives or financial situation of any particular person. Stock quotes are believed to be accurate and correctly dated, but www.daytradingshares.com does not warrant or guarantee their accuracy or date.
www.daytradingshares.com takes no responsibility for any investment decisions based on recommendations provided on website.
Financial contents like Technical charts, historical charts and quotes are taken from NSE and Yahoo sites.
Note - All quotes are delayed by 15 minutes and unless specified.
Google Adsense Ads are posted on every page of the website so visitors clicking on Ads and going to those links and carrying any financial deal is not at all related to www.daytradingshares.com and any financial deal should be done on their own sole responsibility.
Please read at www.daytradingshares.com/disclaimer.php before using any material or advice given at www.daytradingshares.com
Copyright © 2011 DayTradingShares.com. All Rights Reserved
FII and Retail Investors
The following are few parameters for retail investors if they are following FII invested stocks.
• Institutional investors have dedicated and highly qualified research teams and typically pick stocks with growth potential ahead of smaller players.
• Large investors typically take a medium to long-term view on stock markets.
• Good for short term traders, who can participate in the extra liquidity created by entry or exit of FIIs.
• Can lead to a herd mentality and push up valuations. A retail investor might end up buying stocks, which are the current favourites of institutions and at the peak of their historical valuations.
• Global issues could force FIIs to sell local equities, regardless of fundamentals or growth prospects of companies.
• Financial goals of individual and institutions may not always same.
• Buying or selling by a fund could be a part of there hedging, diversification, trading or buy-and hold strategy. Retail investors may not be privy to this.
• The risk profile and investment horizon of big players may vary compared to retail investors.
(Posted date - 07 Dec 2011)
Welcome to Indian Share Market
Your Desire to Earn