(updated - 10 April 2009)
Welcome to Indian Share Market
Your Desire to Earn
Disclaimer: Information presented on this site is a guide only. It may not necessarily be correct and is not intended to be taken as financial advice nor has it been prepared with regard to the individual investment needs and objectives or financial situation of any particular person. Stock quotes are believed to be accurate and correctly dated, but www.daytradingshares.com does not warrant or guarantee their accuracy or date.
www.daytradingshares.com takes no responsibility for any investment decisions based on recommendations provided on website.
Financial contents like Technical charts, historical charts and quotes are taken from NSE and Yahoo sites.
Note - All quotes are delayed by 15 minutes and unless specified.
Google Adsense Ads are posted on every page of the website so visitors clicking on Ads and going to those links and carrying any financial deal is not at all related to www.daytradingshares.com and any financial deal should be done on their own sole responsibility.
Please read at www.daytradingshares.com/disclaimer.php before using any material or advice given at www.daytradingshares.com
Copyright © 2010 DayTradingShares.com. All Rights Reserved
Post Office Schemes
Public Provident fund
3) Public Provident fund
Please note - The following information is as per our records, for latest information please contact your nearest post office.
1) The Public Provident Fund Scheme is a statutory scheme of the Central Government of India.
2) The Scheme is for 15 years.
3) The rate of interest is 8% compounded annually.
4) The minimum deposit is 500/- and maximum is Rs. 70,000/- in a financial year.
5) One deposit with a minimum amount of Rs.500/- is mandatory in each financial year.
6) The deposit can be in lump sum or in convenient installments, not more than 12 Installments in a year or two
installments in a month subject to total deposit of Rs.70,000/-.
7) It is not necessary to make a deposit in every month of the year. The amount of deposit can be varied to suit
the convenience of the account holders.
8) The account in which deposits are not made for any reasons is treated as discontinued account and such
account cannot be closed before maturity.
9) The discontinued account can be activated by payment of minimum deposit of Rs.500/- with default fee of
Rs.50/- for each defaulted year.
10) Account can be opened by an individual or a minor through the guardian.
11) Joint account is not permissible.
12) Those who are contributing to GPF Fund or EDF account can also open a PPF account.
13) A Power of attorney holder can neither open nor operate a PPF account.
14) The grand father/mother cannot open a PPF behalf of their minor grandson/daughter.
15) The deposits shall be in multiple of Rs.5/- subject to minimum amount of Rs.500/-.
16) The deposit in a minor account is clubbed with the deposit of the account of the Guardian for the limit of
17) No age is prescribed for opening a PPF account.
18) Interest is not contractual but rate is notified by Ministry of Finance, Govt. of India, at the end of each year.
19) The facility of first withdrawal in the 7th year of the account subject to a limit of 50% of the amount at credit
preceding three year balance. Thereafter one Withdrawal in every year is permissible.
20) Pre-mature closure of a PPF Account is not permissible except in case of death.
21) Nominee/legal heir of PPF Account holder on death of the account holder cannot continue the account, but
account had to be closed.
22) The account holder has an option to extend the PPF account for any period in a block of 5 years on each time.
23) The account holder can retain the account after maturity for any period without making any further deposits.
The balance in the account will continue to earn interest at normal rate as admissible on PPF account till the
account is closed.
24) One withdrawal in each financial year is also admissible in such account.
25) The PPF scheme is operated through Post Office and Nationalized banks.
26) PPF account can be opened either in Post Office or in a Bank.
27) Account is transferable from one Post office to another and from Post office to Bank and from Bank to Post
28) Account is transferable from one Bank to another bank as well as within the bank to any branch.
29) Deposits in PPF qualify for rebate under section 80-C of Income Tax Act.
30) The interest on deposits is totally tax free.
31) Deposits are exempt from wealth tax.
32) The balance amount in PPF in PPF account is not subject to attachment under any order or decree of court in
respect of any debt or liability.
33) Nomination facility available.
34) Best for long term investment.