Choose a pension fund manager
The retirement savings of government employees are managed by the LIC Pension Fund, SBI Pension Fund and UTI Retirement Solutions. The
general public can choose from any of the eight pension fund managers.
You can switch from one fund manager to another, but will have to continue with the new fund for at least one year before you can switch again.
If you do not specify your choice of fund manager, then by default, your money will be managed by the SBI Pension Fund, the largest pension
You can choose any of the eight pension funds to manage your retirement savings
1. HDFC Pension Management Company = NA
2. ICICI Prudential Pension Funds Management Company = 6.67%
3. Kotak Mahindra Pension Fund = 6.36%
4. LIC Pension Fund = NA
5. Reliance Capital Pension Fund = 5.87%
6. SBI Pension Funds = 5.84%
7. UTI Retirement Solutions = 5.88%
8. DSP BlackRock Pension Fund Managers = NA
Data as on 06 Sept 2013.
Figures are SIP returns since June 2009
Get a PRAN
Go to a point of presence service provider (POP-SP) and apply for a permanent retirement
account number (PRAN). Nearly 9,000 bank branches and post offices act as POPSPs.
Use it to track the status of your PRAN application at: //cra-nsdl.com/CRA/JSP/sim/Sub-
In a few days, the Central Record-keeping Agency (CRA) shall send your PRAN card and
account details. You can then make a contribution (minimum Rs 500) in any fund of your
The following documents need to be submitted along with the application -
1. Proof of date of birth
2. Address proof
3. Identity proof
4. Self declaration that you are not already a member of NPS
5. Coloured passport size photograph